Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the A Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery series.
- #1: Elementary, She Read (A Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery #1) (Hardcover): $25.99
- #2: Body on Baker Street: A Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #3: The Cat of the Baskervilles: A Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #4: A Scandal in Scarlet: A Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: A Curious Incident: A Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #7: A Three Book Problem: A Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
Just in time for Sherlock Holmes's 166th birthday, the fifth installment in national bestselling author Vicki Delany's Sherlock Holmes Bookshop mystery takes Sherlockania to the max with a Holmes convention and historic 221 Baker Street.
Gemma Doyle and her friends travel to London for a Sherlock Holmes convention--but will Gemma's father take the fall for a felonious forger's fatality?
The 6th of January is Sherlock Holmes's birthday, and lucky for Gemma Doyle, January is also the slowest time of the year at both the Sherlock Holmes Bookshop and Emporium, and Mrs. Hudson's Tea Room. It's a good time for Gemma and her friends to travel to England for a Holmes Convention. For Gemma, the trip provides an opportunity to visit her parents, Jayne Wilson is excited about seeing all the sites London has to offer, and Ryan Ashburton just wants to spend some time with Gemma. But the trip is immediately derailed when Gemma's father Henry recognizes his brother-in-law Randolph Denhaugh, who disappeared more than thirty years ago on the night he stole a valuable painting from his own parents.
Henry, a retired detective with Scotland Yard, has been keeping tabs on the man's career as a forger of Old Masters and he warns Randy to stay away from his family. It's up to Gemma, with the help of her friends, to plunge into the "lowest and vilest alleys" of London to save her father from prison.
About the Author
Vicki Delany is a bestselling author of more than thirty novels/novellas in several of mystery's subgenres. Born in Manitoba and raised in Ontario, she is the former president of the Crime Writers of Canada, a member of Capital Crime Writers, and a member of Sisters in Crime. There's a Murder Afoot is her 35th novel.