Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Pru Marlowe Pet Noir series.
- #1: Dogs Don't Lie: A Pru Marlowe Pet Noir (Large Print / Paperback): $22.99
- #2: Cats Can't Shoot (Pru Marlowe Pet Noir #2) (Large Print / Paperback): $22.99
- #3: Parrots Prove Deadly (Pru Marlowe Pet Noir #3) (Large Print / Paperback): $22.99
- #5: Kittens Can Kill Lib/E: A Pru Marlowe Pet Noir Mystery (Compact Disc): $76.00
- #6: When Bunnies Go Bad (Pru Marlowe Pet Noir #6) (Hardcover): $26.95
- #7: Fear on Four Paws (Pru Marlowe Pet Noir #7) (Paperback): $18.99
" F]ans of animal mysteries will find plenty to keep them entertained here." --Booklist
When Pru Marlowe takes a dog for a walk, she doesn't expect to find a body. But Spot, a service dog in training, has too good a nose not to lead her to the mangled body of a young woman. Despite her own best instincts, Pru can't avoid getting involved.
The young woman seems to have been mauled by a wild cat--and Pru knows there have been no pumas in the Berkshire woods for years. Wallis, Pru's curmudgeonly tabby, seems fixated on the idea of a killer cat, but Spot suggests that the violent death was something more than a tragic animal attack. As motives multiply, a cougar of a different sort sets her eyes on Pru's sometime lover, and another woman disappears. With panther panic growing, Pru may have to put aside her own issues--and her own ideas of domesticity--to solve a savage mystery.
About the Author
Clea Simon is the author of the Pru Marlowe, Dulcie Schwartz, and Theda Krakow mystery series, as well as three nonfiction books. A former journalist, she lives in Somerville, Massachusetts, with her husband Jon and their cat Musetta.