Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the John Corey series.
- #1: Plum Island (A John Corey Novel #1) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #2: The Lion's Game (A John Corey Novel #2) (Hardcover): $37.00
- #3: Night Fall (A John Corey Novel #3) (Large Print / Hardcover): $36.00
- #5: The Lion (A John Corey Novel #5) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #6: The Panther (A John Corey Novel #6) (Large Print / Hardcover): $48.00
- #7: Radiant Angel (A John Corey Novel #7) (Large Print / Hardcover): $33.00
Welcome to the Custer Hill Club-an informal men's club set in a luxurious Adirondack hunting lodge whose members include some of America's most powerful business leaders, military men, and government officials. Ostensibly, the club is a place to gather with old friends, hunt, eat, drink, and talk, off the record, about war, life, death, and politics. But one fall weekend, the executive board of the Custer Hill Club gathers to talk about the tragedy of 9/11 and what America must do to retaliate. Their plan is finalized and set into motion.
That same weekend, a member of the Federal Antiterrorist Task Force is reported missing. His body is soon discovered in the woods near the Custer Hill Club's game reserve. The death appears to be a hunting accident, and that's how the local police first report it, but Detective John Corey has his doubts. As he digs deeper, he begins to unravel a plot involving the Custer Hill Club, a top secret plan known only by its code name: Wild Fire. Racing against the clock, Detective Corey and his wife, FBI agent Kate Mayfield, find they are the only people in a position to stop the button from being pushed and chaos from being unleashed.