Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the Ranger in Time series.
- #1: Rescue on the Oregon Trail (Ranger in Time #1) (Paperback): $5.99
- #2: Danger in Ancient Rome (Ranger in Time #2) (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: Long Road to Freedom (Ranger in Time #3) (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: Race to the South Pole (Ranger in Time #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: Journey through Ash and Smoke (Ranger in Time #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Escape from the Great Earthquake (Ranger in Time #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: D-Day: Battle on the Beach (Ranger in Time #7) (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: Hurricane Katrina Rescue (Ranger in Time #8) (Paperback): $5.99
- #9: Disaster on the Titanic (Ranger in Time #9) (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: Night of Soldiers and Spies (Ranger in Time #10) (Library Binding): $17.99
- #12: Attack on Pearl Harbor (Ranger in Time #12) (Paperback): $5.99
COURAGE IN THE FACE OF DANGER!
Ranger has never needed his search-and-rescue training more than when he arrives at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. There he meets Risha Scott and her friend Max who have come to work with Risha's mother for a school project. But when the unthinkable happens and the building is evacuated, Risha is separated from her mom. Can Ranger lead Risha to safety and help reunite her family?
About the Author
"This excellent story contains historical details, full-page illustrations, and enough action to keep even reluctant readers engaged." -- School Library Journal
"The third-person narration expertly balances Ranger's thoughts between the appropriately doglike (squirrels! bacon!) and the heroic (Ranger's drive to find and protect)." -- Kirkus Reviews
"McMorris's richly rendered illustrations heighten the plot's many moments of danger and drama, and Messner incorporates a wealth of historical details into her rousing adventure story." -- Publishers Weekly
"Readers will love following Ranger on his thrilling adventure along the Oregon Trail. What a great way to learn about history!" -- Lauren Tarshis, author of the I Survived series