Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Ranger in Time series.
- #1: Rescue on the Oregon Trail (Ranger in Time #1) (Prebound): $16.80
- #2: Danger in Ancient Rome (Ranger in Time #2) (Prebound): $16.80
- #3: Long Road to Freedom (Ranger in Time #3) (Prebound): $16.80
- #4: Race to the South Pole (Ranger in Time #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: Journey through Ash and Smoke (Ranger in Time #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Escape from the Great Earthquake (Ranger in Time #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: Hurricane Katrina Rescue (Ranger in Time #8) (Library Binding): $17.99
- #9: Disaster on the Titanic (Ranger in Time #9) (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: Night of Soldiers and Spies (Ranger in Time #10) (Library Binding): $17.99
- #11: Escape from the Twin Towers (Ranger in Time #11) (Library Binding): $25.99
- #12: Attack on Pearl Harbor (Ranger in Time #12) (Paperback): $5.99
In this adventure, Ranger heads to Normandy on the morning of the D-Day invasion and finds himself in the middle of one of the fiercest battles of World War II. Ranger meets Leo, a Jewish boy who is hiding with a local farmer, and Walt, a young African-American soldier fighting to free France from the Nazis. Walt is in the 320th Balloon Battalion, so it's his job to help operate the enormous barrage balloons that fly over the American troops, shielding them from enemy planes. It's pure chaos, with thundering warplanes, falling bombs, and exploding land mines. Will Ranger, Leo, and Walt survive?
About the Author
Kate Messner is the author of The Seventh Wish; All the Answers; The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z., winner of the E. B. White Read Aloud Award for Older Readers; Capture the Flag, an SCBWI Crystal Kite Award winner; Hide and Seek; Manhunt; and the Ranger in Time and Marty McGuire chapter book series. A former middle-school English teacher, Kate lives on Lake Champlain with her family and loves reading, walking in the woods, and traveling. Visit her online at katemessner.com.