Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Ranger in Time series.
- #1: Rescue on the Oregon Trail (Ranger in Time #1) (Prebound): $16.80
- #2: Danger in Ancient Rome (Ranger in Time #2) (Prebound): $16.80
- #3: Long Road to Freedom (Ranger in Time #3) (Prebound): $16.80
- #4: Race to the South Pole (Ranger in Time #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: Journey through Ash and Smoke (Ranger in Time #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: D-Day: Battle on the Beach (Ranger in Time #7) (Prebound): $16.80
- #8: Hurricane Katrina Rescue (Ranger in Time #8) (Library Binding): $17.99
- #9: Disaster on the Titanic (Ranger in Time #9) (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: Night of Soldiers and Spies (Ranger in Time #10) (Library Binding): $17.99
- #11: Escape from the Twin Towers (Ranger in Time #11) (Library Binding): $25.99
- #12: Attack on Pearl Harbor (Ranger in Time #12) (Paperback): $5.99
Ranger travels to San Francisco and meets Lily Chen. She was sent from China to America to work as a young servant, but she dreams of studying to be a doctor. When the Great Earthquake hits, Ranger arrives in time to rescue Lily from falling beams in the mission house where she lives. Together they flee to safety, stopping to help another girl, May Wong, save her little brother from the family's collapsed market. Lily and May try to make their way through the ruined city with Ranger at their side. But can they escape crumbling buildings and raging fires, all while facing anti-Chinese discrimination?
About the Author
Kate Messner is the author of The Seventh Wish; All the Answers; The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z., winner of the E. B. White Read Aloud Award for Older Readers; Capture the Flag, an SCBWI Crystal Kite Award winner; Hide and Seek; Manhunt; and the Ranger in Time and Marty McGuire chapter book series. A former middle-school English teacher, Kate lives on Lake Champlain with her family and loves reading, walking in the woods, and traveling. Visit her online at katemessner.com.