Hard to Find
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Ranger in Time series.
- #1: Rescue on the Oregon Trail (Ranger in Time #1) (Prebound): $16.80
- #2: Danger in Ancient Rome (Ranger in Time #2) (Prebound): $16.80
- #3: Long Road to Freedom (Ranger in Time #3) (Prebound): $16.80
- #5: Journey through Ash and Smoke (Ranger in Time #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Escape from the Great Earthquake (Ranger in Time #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: D-Day: Battle on the Beach (Ranger in Time #7) (Prebound): $16.80
- #8: Hurricane Katrina Rescue (Ranger in Time #8) (Library Binding): $17.99
- #9: Disaster on the Titanic (Ranger in Time #9) (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: Night of Soldiers and Spies (Ranger in Time #10) (Library Binding): $17.99
- #11: Escape from the Twin Towers (Ranger in Time #11) (Library Binding): $25.99
- #12: Attack on Pearl Harbor (Ranger in Time #12) (Paperback): $5.99
Ranger, the time-traveling golden retriever with search-and-rescue training, joins an early twentieth-century expedition journeying from New Zealand to Antarctica. He befriends Jack Nin, the stowaway turned cabin boy of Captain Robert Falcon Scott's ship. They're racing against a rival explorer to reach the South Pole, but with unstable ice, killer whales, and raging blizzards, the journey turns into a race against time... and a struggle to stay alive.
About the Author
Kate Messner is the author of "All the Answers"; "The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z.," winner of the E. B. White Read Aloud Award for Older Readers; "Capture the Flag," an SCBWI Crystal Kite Award winner; "Hide and Seek"; "Manhunt"; and the Ranger in Time and Marty McGuire chapter book series. A former middle-school English teacher, Kate lives on Lake Champlain with her family and loves reading, walking in the woods, and traveling. Visit her online at www.katemessner.com.