Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Ranger in Time series.
- #1: Rescue on the Oregon Trail (Ranger in Time #1) (Prebound): $16.80
- #3: Long Road to Freedom (Ranger in Time #3) (Prebound): $16.80
- #4: Race to the South Pole (Ranger in Time #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: Journey through Ash and Smoke (Ranger in Time #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Escape from the Great Earthquake (Ranger in Time #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: D-Day: Battle on the Beach (Ranger in Time #7) (Prebound): $16.80
- #8: Hurricane Katrina Rescue (Ranger in Time #8) (Paperback): $5.99
- #9: Disaster on the Titanic (Ranger in Time #9) (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: Night of Soldiers and Spies (Ranger in Time #10) (Paperback): $5.99
- #11: Escape from the Twin Towers (Ranger in Time #11) (Paperback): $5.99
- #12: Attack on Pearl Harbor (Ranger in Time #12) (Paperback): $5.99
Ranger, the time-traveling golden retriever, is back for the second book in Kate Messner's new chapter book series. This time, he's off to save the day in ancient Rome
Ranger is a golden retriever who has been trained as a search-and-rescue dog. In this adventure, Ranger travels to the Colosseum in ancient Rome, where there are gladiator fights and wild animal hunts Ranger befriends Marcus, a young boy Ranger saves from a runaway lion, and Quintus, a new volunteer gladiator who must prove himself in the arena. Can Ranger help Marcus and Quintus escape the brutal world of the Colosseum?
About the Author
Kate Messner is the author of THE BRILLIANT FALL OF GIANNA Z., winner of the E.B. White Read Aloud Award for Older Readers; CAPTURE THE FLAG, an SCBWI Crystal Kite Award winner; HIDE AND SEEK; MANHUNT; and the Marty McGuire chapter book series. A former middle-school English teacher, Kate lives on Lake Champlain with her family and loves reading, walking in the woods, and traveling. Visit her online at www.katemessner.com.