Special Order Please Contact us before ordering
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Reigning Cats and Dogs Mystery series.
- #1: Dead Canaries Don't Sing: A Reigning Cats and Dogs Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Putting on the Dog (Reigning Cats and Dogs Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $6.99
- #3: Lead a Horse to Murder: A Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery (Reigning Cats and Dogs Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Hare Today, Dead Tomorrow (Reigning Cats and Dogs Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Right from the Gecko (Reigning Cats and Dogs Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Who's Kitten Who? (Reigning Cats and Dogs Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Monkey See, Monkey Die (Reigning Cats and Dogs Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $6.99
- #8: Murder Had a Little Lamb: A Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery (Reigning Cats and Dogs Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
CAN A SMALL-TOWN PET DETECTIVE HUNT DOWN A BEAST OF A KILLER IN ITS OWN LAIR?
Veterinarian Jessica Popper is still basking in newlywedded bliss when neighbors Betty and Winston beg her to investigate the suspicious death of Linus Merrywood, king of the corporate jungle. On stormy Solitude Island, the Merrywoods have enjoyed the lion’s share of wealth for generations. But from the suspects to the surroundings, Jess feels as if she’s walked straight into an old-fashioned game of Clue—except here the stakes are life and death.
There’s the butler named Jives, a sexy assistant named Scarlett, teatime in the conservatory, and a house with secret passageways, moving walls, and a wailing aunt locked in the attic. With a storm raging around the island and Jess’s least favorite police detective assigned to the case, things are looking dire until Jess’s lionhearted husband, Nick, braves his way to Solitude to rescue her. Now it’s the two of them against a family steeped in secrets—and a killer on the prowl who’s ferociously determined to protect the biggest family secret of all.
About the Author
Cynthia Baxter is a native of Long Island, New York. She currently lives on the island’s North Shore, where she is at work on her next mystery.
“A very entertaining series with a menagerie of colorful human and animal characters.”
—Mystery Lovers Bookshop News
“Five paws up for Cynthia Baxter’s Reigning Cats & Dogs series!”
—Carolyn Hart, Agatha, Anthony, and Macavity award-winner