Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the The Andy Carpenter Series series.
- #2: First Degree (The Andy Carpenter Series #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Bury the Lead (The Andy Carpenter Series #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Sudden Death (The Andy Carpenter Series #4) (Mass Market): $17.99
- #5: Dead Center (The Andy Carpenter Series #5) (Hardcover): $28.00
- #6: Play Dead (The Andy Carpenter Series #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: New Tricks (The Andy Carpenter Series #7) (Mass Market): $8.00
- #8: Dog Tags (The Andy Carpenter Series #8) (Mass Market): $8.00
Edgar-award nominated author David Rosenfelt's hilarious hero, Andy Carpenter, takes on a high-profile murder case, with his favorite golden retriever, Tara, by his side--now with a new cover look.
Whether dueling with new forensics or the local old boys' network, irreverent defense attorney Andy Carpenter always leaves them awed with his biting wit and winning fourth-quarter game plan. But Andy prefers the company of his best friend, Tara, to the people he encounters in the courtroom. Tara, a golden retriever, is clearly smarter than half the lawyers who clog the courts of PassaicCounty. However, just as it seems Andy has everything figured out, his dad, New Jersey's legendary ex-D.A., drops dead in front of him at a game in Yankee Stadium. The shocks pile on as he discovers his dad left him with two unexpected legacies: a fortune of $22 million that Andy never knew existed . . . and a murder case with enough racial tinder to burn down City Hall. Struggling to serve justice and bring honor to his father, Andy must dig up some explosive political skeletons--and an astonishing family secret that can close his case (and his mouth) for good.
About the Author
David Rosenfelt is the former marketing president for Tri-Star Pictures and lives in Southern California.
"A great book...gripping...all around terrific."—Harlan Coben
"Splendid...intricate plotting."—Cleveland Plain Dealer