Special Order Please Contact us before ordering
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the A Cackleberry Club Mystery series.
- #1: Eggs in Purgatory (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Eggs Benedict Arnold (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Bedeviled Eggs (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Stake & Eggs (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Eggs in a Casket (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Egg Drop Dead (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: Eggs on Ice (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #8) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #9: Egg Shooters (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #9) (Hardcover): $26.00
The ladies of the Cackleberry Club café serve up justice in the latest installment from the New York Times bestselling author of Eggs in a Casket.
TIME TO EGGS-TINGUISH AN ARSONIST.
Getting her hair colored at Root 66, Suzanne is stunned to witness the County Services office next door suddenly go up in flames. Sadly, the fire claims the life of longtime civil service worker—and friend to the Cackleberry Club—Hannah Venable. When it’s discovered that an accelerant was used to fan the flames, Suzanne, Petra, and Toni vow to smoke out the culprit.
When Suzanne finds a possible connection between the fire and the nearby Prairie Star Casino, she comes to realize that the arsonist wanted something very big and bad kept secret. And if the ladies aren’t careful, they may be the ones gambling with their lives…
About the Author
Laura Childs is the New York Times bestselling author of the Tea Shop Mysteries, Scrapbooking Mysteries, and Cackleberry Club Mysteries. In her previous life she was CEO of her own marketing firm, authored several screenplays, and produced a reality TV show. She is married to Dr. Bob, a professor of Chinese art history, enjoys travel, and has two Shar-Peis.
“Childs shines…a dandy plot and cherished characters.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch
“Scorched Eggs is a delight.”—Fresh Fiction
“A strong entry in an enjoyable series. Ms. Childs writes some of my favorite cozy mysteries, and this is no exception.”—Open Book Society