The Definitive Family Travel Resource for the Hudson Valley Area
Let's Take the Kids! features hundreds of family activities for an afternoon, weekend, or a whole week in the Hudson Valley region. From picnic spots to riverboat cruises, every listing in this guide is written with a kid's interests and attention span in mind.
This fully updated and expanded edition includes:
- Water Activities: boat cruises, fishing, canoe trips, and swimming holes
- Educational Stops: kid-friendly museums, historical sites, and nature centers
- Winter Sports: skiing, sledding, and ice-skating
- Seasonal Events: festivals, "pick-your-own" farms, horse racing, air shows, and theater programs
- Kids' Favorites: biking and hiking trails, amusement parks, zoos, and picnic locations
About the Author
Joanne Michaels is a journalist, producer, and television host who lives in Woodstock, New York. She is the author of a number of books, including "The Best of the Hudson Valley and Cat Skill Mountains: An Explorer's Guide" and "Hudson River Journey." She is also a former editor of "Hudson Valley" magazine.
"Good details on weekend trips in the manner of the old-time guides." --The New York Times
"Dozens of delightful spring and summer jaunts." --New York magazine